Sewing machines now have become among the tools that should be at every home for sewing, knitting, quilting, and design work for anyone.
There are two Brother sewing machines that you might be considering, the CS7000x and the CS6000i. Both of these machines have great features but they do vary a little bit in cost and performance.
Brother is regarded as a trustworthy product that shouldn’t even be underestimated when it comes to quality.
Let’s take a look at some comparison points to help you decide which sewing machine is best for your needs.
User Ratings and Review
|Brother CS7000X||Brother CS6000i|
|Stars||4.7 stars out of 5||4.7 stars out of 5|
|Rating||18,839 ratings||18,838 ratings|
|FEATURES||BROTHER CP60X||BROTHER CS6000i|
|Needle Threader||Improved Automatic||Automatic|
|Brightly Lit LED Work Area||Yes||Yes|
|Sharp LCD screen||Yes||Yes|
|Stitch Length (mm)||5mm||5mm|
|Stitch Width (mm)||7mm||7mm|
|Button Hole Styles||7||7|
|Quick Reference Stitch Guides||Yes||Yes|
|Feed Dog Points||0||6|
|Stitch Selector Type||Mode & Shift Key||Shift Key|
|Free Motion Quilting Foot||Yes||Yes|
|Included Quilting Feet||Non||Yes|
|Warranty||25-year warranty||1-year warranty|
Brother CS7000X is a heavy-duty sewing machine that is perfect for users who sew with thicker fabrics such as canvas, denim, and leather. It’s also an excellent machine for quilting, darning, and free-motion embroidery.
The machine has many features that make it ideal for those who want to do more than just basic projects with their machine.
- The CS7000X comes with 10 sewing and quilting feet, including zipper, button sewing, zigzag, buttonhole, overcasting, monogramming, waking foot, blind stitch, ¼” piecing, overcasting plus a quilt guide
- The machine has a maximum speed of 850 stitches per minute which is very fast for those who are looking for faster stitching performance.
- The feed dogs can be removed very easily which is really great for free-motion stitching. The machine can handle thicker fabrics easily and will not jam up at all. Quilting has never been easier because the machine comes with a lot of accessories that make it easy to use.
- The foot pedal is smooth and sensitive which is excellent for those who want more control over the speed of their stitching.
- CS7000X also has many features such as a large LCD screen, an automatic threader, and a see-through bobbin cover.
- The machine has 70 built-in stitches and 750 stitches per minute. These speeds will ensure that you can complete all your projects quickly and without any problems.
- A free arm feature that makes sewing cuffs, collars, and sleeves easy.
- Comes with a hard case for portability
- Jam resistant Quick-Set drop-in top bobbin
- Wide table for handling larger sewing projects.
- Durable metal frame
- The Brother CS7000X sewing machine has a bright LCD screen that can display your 10 different types of stitches.
- The see-through bobbin cover is great because it lets you keep an eye on when you need to replace it.
Smooth action on the controls
Quiet machine for its speed
Can handle thicker fabrics without jamming up
Brother CS6000i Features
There are many features that make the Brother CS6000I computerized sewing and quilting machine a brilliant tool. For starters, it is equipped with 60 sewing stitches. It is also equipped with 9 different sewing feet.
- The machine has a LED screen that displays stitches in real-time, which is especially useful for beginners in order to learn the ropes before they start working on their projects.
- This machine also comes with a larger work area, a more powerful motor with a metal frame, and an automatic needle threader.
- The 7 one-step buttonholes function to make it easier for buttonholes.
- The Brother CS6000I comes with 25 built-in stitches, 4 one-step buttonholes, easy stitch selector dials and it is easy to thread.
- The maximum stitch width of 7mm and the maximum stitch length of 5mm make this model ideal for sewing home decor items like tablecloths or drapes.
Pros of Brother CS6000i Sewing machine
User-friendly LCD screen
A soft start to prevent jerking when the foot pedal is pressed
There is an automatic needle threader which makes it easier for beginners
Quick stitch selector dials for convenience
Brother CS7000X vs Brother CS6000i – The Differences
So what are the differences between Brother CS6000i and Brother CS7000x
The biggest comparison between Brother CS7000X and CS6000i is the difference in stitches, Brother CS7000X features 70 built-in stitches while Brother CS6000i comes with 60 built-in stitches.
This means when you buy Brother CS7000x, you get extra 10 built-in stitches.
When it comes to sewing speed, Brother SC6000i outperforms CS7000X. CS6000i sew at a speed of 850 stitches per minute whereas Brother CS7000X sew at a speed of 750 stitches per minute.
This means you will finish projects faster with Brother CS6000i than Brother CS7000X.
Another difference is that Brother CS7000x features 10 sewing feet whereas CS6000i features 9 sewing feet. So you get 1 extra foot with Brother CS7000X computerized sewing and quilting machine.
Although both sewing machines feature some quilting features, we can see that Brother CS7000X doesn’t come with quilting feet whereas Brother SC6000i features quilting feet.
If you’re your work requires quilting feet, then Brother CS6000i wins.
Stitch Selector Type
Brother CS7000X features Mode and Shift Key where CS6000i features only Shift key.
Protective Metal Frame
For durability, CS7000X comes with a protective metal frame which makes the machine last longer while CS6000i has no metal frame.
Automatic Needle Threader
Although both sewing machine features an automatic needle threading system, the Brother CS7000X needle threader is improved than that of Brother CS6000i.
This is another great feature for embroidering flowers. This foot comes included with the Brother CS7000X while bot included on Brother CS6000i sewing machine.
If you are looking for a sewing machine that will cover all of your needs, then the Brother CS7000X is for you. The 70 built-in stitches and 10 sewing feet and the specialty foot make this computerized sewing and quilting machine one of our most popular options because it can handle any project thrown at it. It also features an improved automatic needle threader which makes stitching faster than ever before.
The Brother CS7000x sewing and quilting machine come with many features that make this a brilliant tool for beginners or professional sewers alike.
However, if you’re work requires more sewing speed and quilting feet then consider the Brother CS6000i computerized sewing and quilting machine as our top pick.
Read: Brother CP60X Vs CS6000i