Brother sewing machines are the perfect choice for any skill level. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, Brother offers a variety of options to meet your needs. From simple and straightforward models to more complex ones with advanced features, Brother has the perfect machine for you.
Today, we’re going to talk about one of the most popular Brother sewing machines that will help you get started on your new hobby or learn some new tricks in order to take it up a notch.
Brother ST371HD sewing machine offers a variety of features and price points to suit the needs of every sewist. The ST371HD is designed for the hobbyist or home sewer who doesn’t want to spend a lot of money on their machine but wants something that will last.
- Brother ST371HD Review
- Features Included on the Brother ST371HD
- What consumers say about Brother ST371HD
- Positives and negatives of Brother ST371HD Sewing machine
- FAQ’s about the Brother ST371HD
- Final Words
Brother ST371HD Review
|Easy to learn||4.5|
|Value for money||4.3|
|Easy to use||4.4|
- 14.3 pounds
- 7.87 x 16.1 x 12.21 inches
- 37 built-in stitches
- 800 sewing stitches per minute
- Free arm
- Top drop-in boobin
- Metal material
- 25 year limited warranty
What is included?
- Spool pin
- 3-piece needle set
- Bobbins (4)
- Twin needle
- Foot controller
- Power cord
- Operation manual
- Instructional DVD
Video introduction to Brother ST371HD
Features Included on the Brother ST371HD
This model offers 37 stitch functions including utility stitches such as zigzag and blind hemstitching, decorative stitches, stretch, and more.
The stitching speed is 800 stitches per minute, which is sufficient for most hobbyists or enthusiasts but not enough for professional sewists.
The Brother ST371HD sewing machine comes with Quick-Set drop-in bobbin function, which means you can simply drop the threaded bobbin into the bobbin holder and the thread guide mark will assist you in properly placing the thread.
The Brother ST371HD also includes a drop feed option which allows the machine to sew faster than it would normally, perfect for free motion quilting.
Automatic Needle Threader
Brother ST371HD provides you with an automatic needle threader that makes threading your machine a breeze. This is especially helpful for beginners who may not know how to do it manually.
Brother sewing machines offer a wide range of feet and attachments to help you take your sewing to the next level. The Brother ST371HD includes six feet:
- Zipper foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Blind hem foot
- Blind hem foot
- Button sewing
The machine comes equipped with a free arm that allows you to sew sleeves, cuffs, and other areas that are difficult to sew in a normal position.
You can use this feature to adjust the thread tension and needle position. A knob on the top of the sewing machine controls the thread tension. This will be particularly beneficial when sewing through materials with varying thicknesses.
Heavy metal frame
This machine has a heavy metal frame that ensures a smooth, strong, and precise sewing operation.
The Stitch Selector Dial
Another great feature is the stitch selector dial, which allows you to choose your required stitch and easily switch between stitches. For those of you who want to try out a little bit of everything before committing, this is a perfect way to do so.
What consumers say about Brother ST371HD
- According to the users, the Brother ST371HD build quality seems to be better, and using the pedal is simpler compared to Singer 4452. You’ll get more for a lesser price with the Brother.
- Others claim that this sewing machine has a unique combination of a heavy metal frame and a low price which make it ideal for beginners or hobby sewists.
- It’s easy to use straight out of the box, and the threading system is simple to navigate.
- Many users claim that is it is a sturdy machine that can handle heavy-duty and thick fabrics without missing a beat.
Positives and negatives of Brother ST371HD Sewing machine
There are a lot of positives to the Brother ST371HD sewing machine.
- The construction is quite sturdy, and it doesn’t take much effort to pass through thick or thin fabrics.
- The automatic needle threading system, which automatically winds the thread around the needle.
- It is light and can be stored easily in a small space.
- The stitch quality is high with the stitches being evenly spaced.
- It has a durable metal frame that ensures smooth operation.
- Very affordable, The Brother ST371HD is the most affordable machine in the Brother range.
- Easy to use jam-resistant quick-set drop-in top bobbin which keeps the thread in place and ensures uniform and consistent stitching. There’s even a thread guide mark on the bobbin holder to assist you in properly positioning the thread.
- Stitch length isn’t adjustable
- There is no speed control
- The up/down needle button is not included which is very useful when you need to pivot the cloth without breaking your stitch.
FAQ’s about the Brother ST371HD
Can I use this machine for quilting?
Yes, you can use the Brother ST371HD for quilting because of its free arm feature that allows you to sew sleeves and cuffs easier.
Can brother ST371HD sew leather?
Yes, the Brother ST371HD can sew leather. One of the affordable sewing machines capable of handling thick sewing projects.
How do you thread a bobbin on a brother ST371HD?
Can a heavy-duty sewing machine sew leather?
Yes, the leather may be sewn using a home sewing machine if the correct leather needle, longer stitch length, and tough strength thread are utilized. A heavy-duty sewing machine designed for stitching difficult materials like leather is a better alternative.
The Brother ST371HD is a great, basic electronic sewing machine that’s perfect for beginners or hobby sewists. With its wide array of features and heavy-duty frame, it won’t disappoint. It comes at a low price point which makes it even more attractive to consumers who are just entering into the world of sewing at home.