The smell of urine is something that no one wants in their house, especially not when it’s coming from your carpet. Especially if you have children or pets in the house, this can be a very common problem.
The good news is that there are some easy ways to get out those pesky stains.
One way is to use hydrogen peroxide and dish soap mixed together with water. Simply pour the mixture onto the stain and let it sit for about 15 minutes before blotting up any excess liquid with a clean rag.
Another option would be to mix baking soda and vinegar together until they form a paste-like consistency, then dab the paste on top of the stain using an old toothbrush. Let it dry overnight before vacuuming up all remaining traces.
How to Clean Human Urine from Carpet with Baking Soda
There is a quick and easy way to remove human urine from carpeting, even if your pet or small child has peed on it. And all you need is baking soda.
A mixture of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and detergent solution can do the trick.
In a mixing jar, combine 8 fluid ounces of peroxide, a few drops of dish soap, and 3 tablespoons of baking soda to make a solution.
To ensure that it does not discolor the carpet, test with small drops first.
Apply the mixture onto the stained area of the carpet elt it sit for 10 or 15 minutes.
Gently rub the affected area with a brush or a clean cloth until the solution enters into fibers.
Rinse with cold water and blot the area with a clean cloth to dry.
How to Clean Human Urine from Carpet with Vinegar and Baking Soda
The first step should be to blot as much of the urine from the surface as possible with a paper towel or cloth if the area is still wet.
Sprinkle some baking soda on the area where the spot appears most. This will help to absorb any excess moisture and act as a pretreatment for the stain.
Next, mix a solution of one part vinegar and two parts water in a spray bottle.
Spray the area liberally and let it soak for about five minutes before scrubbing with an old toothbrush or other cleaning brush that you don’t mind getting stained.
Rinse thoroughly with cold water and blot the area with a clean towel.
Removing Human Urine Stains from Carpet with Dish soap
This is one of the most effective ways to clean child urine from carpet or pet urine because it breaks down stains and eliminates the chemical residue that can remain behind. This method works great for new and still wet urine stains
Pour an 8oz bottle of dish soap onto your stain.
Soak the area with water for 20-30 minutes or until the stain has disappeared.
Mix 1 cup of warm water with some drops of dish soap to make a urine stain remover solution.
Apply the mixture onto the affected area and let the stained area soak for 10 -15 minutes before cleaning up all residues.
Apply cold water and use a clean dry cloth to blot the area.
How to Clean Old Human Urine from Carpet
If you want to remove old or stubborn urine smells from carpet, consider the following:
- Cover the urine with a thick towel and pour dry cleaning solvent on top of it, then set it on fire;
- Cover the urine with DAWN dish soap mixed with water and use a scrub brush to clean it up.
- Pour hydrogen peroxide over the area in a 1-to-9 ratio in a spray bottle and use a brush or sponge to work it into the carpet.
- Rinse with cold water using a clean towel and leave the carpet to dry
How do you get dried human urine out of carpet?
- Mix a small amount of dish soap or laundry soap into a bucket with one-half cup of 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Scrub the stain with a carpet a soft brush to completely saturate it.
- Allow rug to dry naturally without looking at it too often, which will help set up solid stains more permanently.
- Wet clean as necessary.
Removing Dog Urine from Carpet
Despite our adoration for cats and dogs, we don’t like the stains they make when they have an accident, right? Fortunately, there are several simple techniques to remove dog urine from carpet.
This is what you need:
- Vinegar is a natural cleaner and disinfectant that is not toxic to humans or pets.
- Baking soda will absorb the odors and oils that cause the smell.
- Blot up as much of the urine as possible with a rag, towel, or paper towel.
- Sprinkle baking soda on top of and around the stained area and let it sit for about 20 minutes to absorb any excess odor and oil from the carpet’s fibers.
- Mix together 1/4 cup vinegar + 2 cups warm water in bucket or large bowl then pour over stains before scrubbing the carpet with your hand or a clean brush.
- Blot up any excess moisture with a dry towel until you are sure that all of the vinegar has been removed.
- Thoroughly rinse carpet with cold water and dry until completely dry.
How to Get Dog Urine Stains out of Carpet with Vinegar
Prepare a mixture of one part white vinegar and 1 part water. Apply this mixture to the stain with a paper towel or rag and allow it to sit for 10 minutes before scrubbing it in gently. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and blot dry.
1) Squeeze excess urine from the carpet
2) Apply a mixture of 3 parts white vinegar to 1 part water on top of the spot
3) Allow it to soak in for at least 10 minutes
4) Rinse off using warm water and then blot dry
Common Questions About Removing Urine
What kills human urine smell?
“Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and Bleach kills human urine smell.
Washing your clothes with bleach will kill the human urine odor and make your clothes look brighter and whiter. It also helps to deodorize general household smells like smoke, cooking, and mustiness.
Does vinegar remove human urine odor?
A small amount of vinegar mixed with water does a great job of removing human urine odor from carpets and all fabrics
Does urine smell in carpet go away?
Yes, If you want to know how to remove the human urine smell from your carpet, there are a few things that may work for you. You can use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda and mix them together and then apply the mixture on the spot. Another option would be to bleach it and this will not only kill the human urine odor but it will also make your clothes look brighter and whiter.
It will also help deodorize general household smells like smoke, cooking, and mustiness. You can also use vinegar as an alternative to removing the human urine odor from carpets and all fabrics. There is a small amount of vinegar mixed with water that does a great job of removing human urine odor from carpets and all fabrics.
Does rubbing alcohol get rid of urine smell?
Yes, Rubbing Alcohol is a must-have in my house. Rubbing alcohol does a great job of removing the human urine odor from carpets and all fabrics.
Does vinegar get rid of urine smell?
A small amount of vinegar mixed with water does a great job of removing human urine odor from carpets and all fabrics.
Does hydrogen peroxide kill urine smell?
Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and Bleach kills human urine smell.
How does vinegar and baking soda clean urine from carpet?
It was found that a mixture of 2 parts water and 1 part vinegar with a teaspoon of baking soda does an excellent job at cleaning urine from carpets.
wash the area with cold water
dissolve one tablespoon of salt in about 4 liters (1 gallon) cold, clean water
add two tablespoons neat liquid dishwashing detergent to the bucket
use a scrubbing brush or sponge to scrub the area thoroughly, rinse it well and allow it to dry before walking on it or giving pets access.”