Jeans are one of the most wearable clothing, especially those with embroidered patches and ripped jeans.
This happens to most of us: imagine you’re preparing to go for a trip in your favorite denim, only to find out that there is a hole in them spoiling your style.
There are so many reasons why holes appear on our jeans; maybe you got an accident, or a metal scratched you, but whatever reason it is, there are several ways how to fit a hole in jeans without a patch, and these include hand sewing the hole or using a sewing machine.
How Can You Fix A Hole In Jeans Without A Patch
To fix a hole in jeans without using a patch, you can do hand sewing if the hole is a straight cut tear. Another method that will work best is fixing the hole using fabric pins, a thread, and a water-soluble stabilizer.
How to Fix a Hole in Jeans Using Hand Sewing a Straight Tear
If the hole in the jeans is a straight cut hole, using hand-sewing is the easiest method of fixing the hole.
- In this way, you will need amending fabric tape.
- Put the tape under the hole, inside the jeans.
- Then thread the needle and knot two threads together at the end.
- Start sewing over the edges of the hole. The thread should be the same color as the jeans.
- Starting inside the jeans, bring the needle to the top of the jeans and take it back. Repeat the whole process until you finish the tear of the jean is covered.
- After everything is sewn nicely, trim the thread and cut off the excess fabric.
Check the results.
How to Fix a Hole in jeans without a Patching Using Darning Method.
This is a patchless method of repaying a tear in jeans using thread and a needle.
To sew the hole using a darning technique, start by threading the needle with a single thread and knot at the end. The thread should be compatible with the fabric and of the same color. You can use threads of materials such as metallics—nylon, cotton, metallics, and polyester.
- Start to sew from the underside of the tear inside the jeans.
- Sew vertical straight stitches, covering the hole, going back and forth, and closing them together.
- Once the hole is covered, knot and trim
- Check the results.
Turn Jeans Into Shorts
This is another method to fix holes in your jeans. But this modification works best if the hole is in the thigh of the jeans.
This is another excellent way to give your damaged jeans a new life and enjoy a pair of short denim, especially in hot weather.
To use this method, you will need a couple of materials.
A pair of scissors
A fabric marker
Mark out the spot you’re going to cut using
Then cut where you made the mark, and you’re good to go.
How to Fix Holes in Your Jeans: Way to repair torn and ripped jeans tutorial
How do you repair torn fabrics without sewing?
You can repair torn fabrics without sewing by using fabric glue, the Iron-on method, and patches.
How do you fix a hole in a cushion?