Do you have chocolate on your carpet? We know how frustrating it is to get chocolate out of the carpet. That’s why we created this guide to help you solve the problem in no time! Whether it’s melted ice cream or spilled hot cocoa, our step-by-step instructions will show you exactly what to do.
Follow our simple steps and remove all traces of chocolate from your carpet today! This guide will teach you everything there is about getting those stains out quickly and easily without any hassle at all. It doesn’t matter whether the stain is fresh or dried up.
GUIDE TO REMOVING CHOCOLATE STAINS FROM CARPET
Use Detergent Solution + White Vinegar To Remove Chocolate Stains From Carpet
Wet the carpet with warm water and apply the detergent solution to the stained area.
- Simply dip a clean cloth into the detergent solution
- Apply it to the chocolate stains.
- Blot or scrub the area with a brush or your hand for 10 minutes of agitation.
- Rinse with clear running water, blot dry with a towel to remove remaining residue.
- Mix 240ML of vinegar with 470ML of water to make a solution.
- Apply the solution to the stained area while pressing the area with a clean cloth for several seconds.
- Leave the solution to soak in chocolate stains for 15 minutes.
- Lastly, rinse the area with lukewarm water to rinse.
- Allow the area to dry.
HOW TO REMOVE CHOCOLATE STAINS FROM CARPET – FOR DRIED CHOCOLATE
This is one of the best methods of removing chocolate from the carpet. It involves using a clothing iron, a vacuum, butter knife, spot remover, and paper towels. So let us get started on how to get chocolate out of the carpet.
For dried chocolate stains, scrape off as much as you can.
- Use a vacuum to remove any flakes that may be leftover.
- Now cover the affected area of the carpet with a paper towel.
- Set the iron to the lowest, non-steam setting. Gently glide the iron over the paper towels. The chocolate should begin to adhere to the paper towels as a result of this procedure.
- Keep the temperature consistent while ironing the paper towels.
- Repeat steps until the chocolate stain has disappeared.
REMOVING CHOCOLATE STAINS FROM CARPET – FOR NEW STAINS
This method works great for still wet stains.
Act quickly and remove the chocolate stains as soon as possible and remove as much as you can with a scraping tool
- Apply cold water directly to the stains on the carpet
- Wipe the stain with a clean cloth dampened with a tiny amount of dishwashing detergent. Apply in a circular motion.
- Leave for a 15 minutes.
- Then rinse it with cold water. The chocolate discolouration should wash away.
Use Vinegar and Baking Soda to Remove Chocolate from Carpet
Cleaning a synthetic fiber carpet with just detergent is a bad idea. These carpets are more prone to staining and can’t be cleaned with just detergent alone.
- First, vacuum the rug thoroughly to get rid of any loose dirt particles.
- Next, sprinkle a generous amount of baking soda on the carpet for an even application.
- Allow it to sit for 10 minutes before vacuuming up all the baking soda and powder residue.
- For spills or anything that has been left on your rug for a while, mix one part vinegar with two parts water in a bowl and pour it over the stain.
- This solution will dissolve all of the chocolate on contact and should completely remove the stain in 30 minutes or less.
For Old Chocolate Stains
When you can’t immediately tackle a chocolate calamity or someone has spread the stain then stain remover is the best recommended for removing a food stain from carpet.
- Simply apply stains remover of your choice to the stained area of carpet
- Blot the stain remover into the stains and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Apply dishwashing soap while massaging the area gently.
- Remove any remaining residue with a clean cloth
- Leave the area to dry
Related: How to Get Blood Out of Carpet
How do you remove old chocolate stains?
Use a damp cloth and water to gently rub the stain off. If doesn’t work, try scrubbing with a paste made from baking powder and dishwashing liquid or dish soap. Rub the paste into the fabric and use cold water to rinse it out.
The dark chocolate we’re talking about is cocoa solids, not sugar-containing milk chocolates. Traditional dark chocolate is higher in fat than milk chocolate so it sets up faster at room temperature causing more tough stains that are tough to remove if you don’t know-how.
Related: How to Get Old Blood Out of Carpet
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT REMOVING CHOCOLATE STAINS
Does vinegar remove chocolate stains?
“Yes. If the stains are old, then vinegar might help soften them up so that you can more easily scrub them away. Vinegar contains acetic acid which converts many types of organic stains into water-soluble salts that can be rinsed away with water. Acids do not dissolve chocolate, but they may loosen it enough to make it easier to remove.
The longer vinegar sits on the spilled chocolate, the better result you can expect. White wine or tomato juice also work similarly because they contain an acidic content too.
Does OxiClean work on chocolate?
OxiClean is such a great product and it has been known to remove many stains. It is even effective in removing stains from carpets, clothes, and countertops.
OxiClean works the best when you mix the powder with water. You then apply it directly onto the stain until you can’t see any more of it and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
Lastly, pour some OxiClean over the area and scrub away any remaining spots.
Will bleach remove chocolate stains?
Bleach is a great cleaner and it can remove many stains from carpets. To get the best results from using bleach, you should place a generous amount of it directly on the chocolate stain and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Next, scrub away any leftover spots. If the spot still stubbornly remains, then you can also add some white vinegar to create an even better result.
How does baking soda remove chocolate stains?
Baking soda is an easy way to remove chocolate stains if the spill has not gone dried; If the stain has dried, it may require agitation with water, dish soap, and cloth.
Bake them together on low heat until they are dissolved. Make sure you mix baking cookies that do not contain chocolate into the batter because some recipes will use vanilla or buttermilk for taste or texture.”
Can you get a dark chocolate stain off a silk blouse?
If it is in the early stages, salt can remove it. Otherwise, try scrubbing with baking powder and dishwashing liquid or dish soap. Rub the paste into the fabric and use cold water to rinse it out.
Is hydrogen peroxide effective for removing dark chocolate stains on carpet?
Yes, you can use hydrogen peroxide if it is in the early stages. Otherwise, try scrubbing with baking powder and dishwashing liquid or dish soap. Rub the paste into the fabric and use cold water to rinse it out.
What can remove chocolate from my carpet
There are a few methods that can remove the chocolate from your carpet. It all depends on how much is actually dried into it. A powdered carpet cleaner that you sprinkle onto the stain and let sit for ten minutes can absorb some of the chocolate. The next step is to vacuum up the powder to remove the stain. Once again, this method will not work if there is too much chocolate left in your carpet fibers after sitting for 10 minutes.
The second option is to use a steam cleaner to try and force hot water through your fib