Dye stains can be a real pain to get out of your clothes. It’s never fun to spill dye on one of your favorite garments, but it’s even worse when you can’t get the stain out. We’ve all been there.
Vinegar is the best way to take care of those annoying dye stains and remove them from clothing with ease. Follow these simple steps for removing dye from clothes using vinegar.
How to Get Dye Out of Clothes with Vinegar?
It’s frustrating when your favorite shirt gets stained by dye or ink on your white pants. There are many methods to remove those pesky dye stains from clothes, but not all work for everyone.
One technique can help even the most stubborn stain disappear without too much effort using vinegar. But, of course, you can always replace the old shirt if the stain is remarkably persistent.
To remove dye out of clothes with vinegar,
- Combine a cup of white vinegar with a pail of cold water.
- Soak the stained garment overnight.
- Then rinse the soiled garment.
- And launder as usual.
- If the item is colored, be sure to check the effect of the vinegar on a tiny portion of it; if it’s not, you may expect an undesirable reaction.
- Combine vinegar, milk, or lemon juice in a spray bottle and add baking soda.
- Spray this mixture on the spot where dye stains are present on your clothes. After that, soak it overnight with this preparation.
- Wash the cloths with water thoroughly to remove this mixture; you should clear dye stains after washing.
- If you are not satisfied with previous results, repeat the exact process times until all dye stain on clothes is obliterated.
- To maintain the color of your clothing, use cold water instead of hot water.
Tips for Getting Dye Out of Clothes with Vinegar
you should treat dye stains on clothes immediately as they may spread all over the clothes, and you will not be able to remove them.
If the color of your shirt, pants, or any other clothes fades away due to dye stains, do not use bleach for its restoration as it will reduce the color of your clothes further.
I prefer homemade remedies for cleaning before selecting any commercial brand so that you can save money and avoid damaging clothes.
RELATED: How to Get Colour Run Out of Clothes
Frequently Asked Questions About Vinegar
Will vinegar take color out of clothes?
“Yes, Vinegar will take the color out of clothes because it helps to break down molecules of the stains. It depends on how long the clothes are in the vinegar. The more time you give it, the more color will come out of your clothes.”
Can vinegar remove dye stains?
“Yes, Vinegar is composed of acetic acid and water which helps in breaking down the molecules of the dye stains.”
Can vinegar remove color bleed?
Yes, distilled white vinegar can remove color bleed if the clothes are soaked in vinegar for a long time.
Can I mix vinegar and laundry detergent?
“No, you cannot mix them together. If you mix vinegar and laundry detergent then you’ll end up with a runny solution that won’t clean your clothes properly.
Can I soak clothes in vinegar?
“Yes, you can soak clothes in distilled vinegar. To get rid of the smell in the clothes, you should leave your clothes in the vinegar for a long time and then run them through the washer.”
Is vinegar a good laundry sanitizer?
“Yes, Vinegar is a good laundry sanitizer because it will kill mold and bacteria on your clothes. However, vinegar is not as effective as bleach when it comes to removing stains.”
Is vinegar or baking soda better for laundry?
Both are great for laundry. Baking soda can get rid of stubborn stains, vinegar will get rid of the colors. Vinegar is also good for removing odors while baking soda will not.