Khaki pants are the most popular form of pants in the world. They have been around for a very long time and they have been adapted to suit the needs of people all over the world. Khaki pants are made from cotton, polyester, and linen.
Ink stains are a bummer. If you’re not careful, they can ruin your favorite pair of khakis or jeans. Fortunately, there are ways to remove ink stains from khaki pants. Here’s how:
Does Ink Come Out of Khakis?
It’s true that ink stains can be removed from khaki pants by hand washing them in cold water with a mild detergent like Oxiclean, but the most effective method for getting it out is to use a stain remover that penetrates the fabric and breaks down the stain.
If there’s more than a little bit of ink on your khaki pants, you’ll want to use an enzyme cleaner that removes stains by breaking down the protein bonds that hold the ink together.
Can I Remove Ink from My Khaki Pants Myself?
Yes, you can remove ink from your khakis yourself. The problem is that most people don’t know how to do it. But if you follow the steps below, you will be able to remove ink from your khakis yourself.
If there’s just a little bit of ink on your khaki pants, you can probably get the stain out without having to purchase special equipment.
How to Get Ink Out of Khaki Pants
If you’re looking for a way to remove khaki ink stains on clothes, then you want to check out the methods below.
#1. Using Oxiclean
Oxiclean is a household cleaner that works on many different stains. It’s especially good at removing ink stains because it’s a bleach and an enzymatic cleaner.
- Mix one part OxiClean with one part cold water in a spray bottle. Spray the mixture onto the stain then let it sit for five minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth.
- Rub the fabric together with your fingers until the stain disappears
- Then rinse with cold water until all the soap is gone. Repeat if necessary.
- Squeeze out excess moisture by blotting with a clean cloth or towel. If there’s still some ink left behind, you’ll need to try again steps again.
- After washing and let the garment dry.
You can also add 1/4 cup of white vinegar to your OxiClean mix if you want to make it more effective against black ink stains.
#2. Using Vinegar and Baking Soda
The best thing about this method is that it is completely non-toxic and will not damage the new khaki pants.
- The first thing you’ll want to do is pour a small amount of white vinegar onto the stained area of your khaki pants. Make sure that it’s enough so that it saturates all of the ink on your pant leg.
- Then, put some baking soda on top of the stain and leave it there for at least an hour. When you remove it, you should see that the stain has been removed.
- Then rub it off with a cloth or sponge before rinsing thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat this process two more times until the stain is gone.
#3. Using Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a well-known and widely used household cleaner. It is a mild acid that can remove stains from khaki pants. It does not have a strong enough odor to make you feel sick, so this is a good option for those who are worried about the smell of bleach.
- Pour some hydrogen peroxide into the stain, and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Then scrub the stain with a toothbrush or soft cloth, being careful not to rub too hard.
- Rise it with plain water or laundry detergent.
- Repeat if necessary until no more stain remains on your khaki pants.
#4. Using Hairspray
Hairspray is a great way to remove ink from khaki pants. When you first spray the area with hairspray, it will stick to the ink and lift it away. The hairspray will also help dry out the ink so that it does not stain your clothing further.
- Spray the stain with hairspray. Make sure that you cover the entire stain, including any rips or tears in your pants.
- Let them sit for about an hour, then throw them in the wash with cold water and detergent.
How Do You Get Dried Ink Out of Khaki Pants?
There are several ways to remove dried ink from khaki pants. The most effective method is to use nail polish remover.
Nail polish remover works well for removing dried ink from khaki pants because it contains acetone, which is an ingredient in nail polish remover. Acetone dissolves the dried ink and makes it easier to scrub off the pants.
You can also use rubbing alcohol instead of nail polish remover if you prefer. Rubbing alcohol won’t dissolve the dried ink as easily as acetone will, but it will still help get rid of it.
Just make sure you don’t rub too hard as this could damage your khakis further by making them more wrinkled than they already were.
Both of these products have been tested on clothing and have proven effective at removing dried inks from khaki pants.
The thing with ink stains is that they’re almost always permanent if you don’t treat them immediately. Therefore, it’s extremely important to know how to get ink out of nylon fabric as soon as possible.
Those are some of the best ways I know how to remove oil-based stains like ink or paint from khaki pants without damaging the surface of the fabric itself.
If you know of any other methods, please feel free to share them with us in the comments section below. Thank you again for reading, and I’d like to wish you the best of luck in getting those tough stains out.