Last Updated on 2 months by Sewingfeed
Are you wondering how to get kool-aid out of clothes and carpet? Stains can be a nightmare, especially if they’re on your favorite shirt or pair of jeans. They’re not always easy to remove, but with some right tools, you should be able to take out those nasty stains.
Some of the most difficult types of stains to remove include those made by dyes, as they can be especially persistent. To remove these stains, you’ll need to use special techniques that break down the bonds holding together the polymers that contain the color.
This will allow you to easily remove them from whatever surface they have attached to. Kool-Aid stains can be a nightmare to remove from clothing, carpeting, or upholstery. However, several methods can be used to clean these bright and colorful stains
Does Kool-Aid Stain Clothes?
Kool-Aid stains are one of the most common stains found on clothes. Kool-aid contains artificial food coloring and flavoring that may stain clothing or materials. When fabrics come in contact with Kool-Aid, the dyes and pigments from the drink react with the fibers of the clothes
The stain itself is not particularly difficult to remove; however, if left untreated, the pink color will set into the fibers and be much more difficult to remove at a later date.
Are Kool-Aid Stains Permanent?
Yes, Kool-Aid stains are not permanent. The dye in Kool-Aid stains is soluble in water. This means that the stain will wash away if you expose it to water. If you don’t want to put the item through a wash cycle, you can also dissolve the stain with a bit of hand dishwashing soap and water.
Can Kool-Aid Come Out Of Clothes?
Yes, Kool-Aid can come out of clothes. Kool-Aid is just colored sugar water, so if you can boil water, you can get Kool-Aid out of your clothes. There are a couple of different methods for removing Kool-Aid stains from fabric. The method you choose depends on how quickly the stain must be removed and how much time you’ve got to devote to the process.
How To Get Kool-Aid Out Of Your Clothes
There are many methods for removing Kool-Aid stains. The most important thing to remember is to act quickly before the stains set in. This is because the longer the stain sits in the fabric, the more impossible it will be to remove. By acting quickly, you’ll be able to minimize or prevent damage from occurring at all. Here are the ways on how to get kool-aid out of clothes:
#1. Using boiling water
The boiling water method is a simple way to remove fresh kool-aid stains, but be sure not to use this method on any fabrics or carpet fibers that cannot withstand heat.
- Blot the excess liquid from the garment using a clean white cloth. Avoid rubbing or pressing the stain into the fabric as this will only make it harder to remove later.
- Pour boiling water over the stain. Boiling water will draw out some of the stains from the fabric.
- Repeat until you no longer see any more color coming from the stained area in the fabric.
- Wash as usual in cold water and detergent. The cold water and detergent will carry away any remaining residue.
- Let the garment air dry.
- Repeat if the stains are still visible
#2. Using dishwashing soap & chlorine bleach
- To pretreat the fabric or clothing, use liquid laundry detergent as you would for any other stain.
- Blot the stained area to absorb as much of the kool-aid as possible. And let the detergent sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water
- If the stains are still visible, you can soak the garment in a mixture of chlorine bleach and water for about 30 minutes.
#3. Using kool-aid stain remover (Oxiclean)
No matter how hard you try, there’s always that one spot that just can’t seem to come out. Now there’s a way to remove the most stubborn of stains without harsh chemicals. OxiClean is a detergent and stain remover that is guaranteed to remove all color washable stains in your garments. Here’s how to remove a Kool-Aid stain from your clothes.
- Soak any washable garments stained with Kool-Aid in the mixture of cold water and 1/4 cup of OxiClean.
- Soak the affected garment for a few hours
- Then, wash as normal.
#4. Using laundry detergent
The most important thing you can do when you have a Kool-Aid stain is blot up as much of the stain as possible so you have a better chance of getting the stain out.
- Soak the stain with a solution of cold water and laundry detergent. The detergent will break down the stain, and you can rinse it out.
- After that, add some heavy-duty laundry detergent directly onto the cloth.
- Allow it to sit for a few minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Rinse well with cold water before drying.
How To Get Red Kool-Aid Out Of White Clothes
With the help of liquid laundry detergent, vinegar, and cool water, you can get Kool-Aid out of white clothes with little effort or cost.
- Mix a solution of one part liquid laundry detergent with two parts warm water and one tablespoon of white vinegar.
- Put the solution into a spray bottle and apply it to the stain.
- Use a white cloth to blot the garment. Don’t rub the fabric because this may cause the color to set in the fabric.
- Rinse with cold water and let the fabric dry.
How To Get Kool-Aid Out Of Carpet
First and foremost, never use hot water on Kool-Aid stains; the hot water will only set the stain further in, making it harder to remove kool-aid stains from the carpet. To get kool-aid stains out of the carpet, follow these steps.
- The first step to cleaning kool-aid from the carpet is to blot up any excess soda without scrubbing.
- Try mixing some warm water with a dab of mild dish detergent. Blot the stain with a cloth or sponge to loosen up the kool-aid stain.
- Wipe away the residue with a clean cloth
- Rinse with cold water and repeat if necessary.
How To Get Powerade Out Of Clothes
A Powerade stain is one of those stains that could take a normal wash in your washer and make it look dingy. Unfortunately, getting Powerade out of a load of clothes can be hard. The more immediate you are about treating it, the better your chances of removing discoloration and keeping your favorite shirt in good condition. Here are some tips for removing the Powerade from clothing:
Apply stain remover
Pour stain remover directly onto the stain. The stain remover of choice will penetrate through the fabric’s fibers to weaken the stains.
Fill the washer
Fill wash machine with water and heavy-duty detergent. The detergent will help lift out any remaining traces of Powerade that might be absorbed into the fibers of your clothes.
Add the affected garment
Add the garment to the washer immediately after pouring in detergent and water, do not rinse off the detergent first. Leaving behind residue from detergent helps power through tough stains like those caused by Powerade.
Run the washer
Wash on the hottest cycle and with extra rinses to ensure all Powerade is removed. When a cycle is complete, unload and check if the stains are removed. If not, repeat the process. You may also be interested to know about common carpet problems.