You enjoy your morning smoothie, but you may not enjoy the stains that follow. Smoothie stains on the carpet, whether they’re from juice or yogurt, are difficult to remove. While you can’t prevent these accidents from happening, you can take steps to clean up after them.
To get smoothie out of carpet, apply a small amount of dish soap or shampoo to the area and gently rub until the stain is gone. Rinse out any soap or shampoo residue with cool water. If needed, repeat step 2 until you have removed all of the stains from your carpeting.
So how do you go about getting that now ugly smoothie from your carpet? Read carefully through all the steps below and then try them out.
Do Smoothie Stain Carpet
Smoothies contain a lot of different types of fruits and vegetables. If you spill your smoothie on the carpet, it will leave behind stains that can be hard to clean.
Do Smoothie SpillsPermanent on Carpet?
No, smoothie spills are not permanent if treated properly. You can easily remove them from your carpets with an enzyme cleaner or a combination of water and soap if done within 5 hours after the spill occurs.
Do Smoothie Stains Come Out?
Yes, smoothie stains will come out of the carpet. The key to removing smoothie stains from the carpet is to act quickly. If you don’t, the stain will set in and be much harder to remove. If you’re dealing with a fresh spill, try blotting up as much of the liquid as possible with clean paper towels or an absorbent cloth before moving on to other steps.
What Gets Smoothie Stains Out of Carpet?
The best way to get smoothie stains out of carpet is to use enzymatic detergent. This is a type of cleaner that works by breaking down the enzymes in the food and causing them to dissolve.
If you don’t have any enzyme detergent on hand, you can also try vinegar, rubbing alcohol, carpet cleaner, or WD-40. These products may not be as effective as enzyme detergent, but they should still help remove the stain.
How to Get Smoothie Out of Carpet
A detergent solution is a good way to remove smoothie from the carpet. The solution will help break down the stain so you can easily clean it up with a sponge or cloth.
- Start by wetting the area with warm water and then pour a small amount of detergent onto the stain.
- Use your fingers or an old toothbrush to work the detergent into the carpet fibers until you see it start to foam.
- Allow the detergent solution to sit on the stain for about 15 minutes, then blot up as much liquid as possible using paper towels.
If there are still stubborn remnants left behind after this process, try repeating it once more before moving on to other methods.
White vinegar is another option for getting smoothie off of your carpeting if you don’t have any laundry detergent handy at home. White vinegar is an acidic substance that breaks down protein stains like those left by smoothies and other foods.
- Mix one part white vinegar with two parts water in a squeeze bottle and apply it directly to your carpet stain using an old toothbrush or cotton swab.
- Then let it sit for 30 minutes before blotting with a clean cloth or sponge. If necessary, rinse the area with cool water afterward to remove any remaining vinegar residue.
WD-40 is a very common household product and it’s great for removing stains in carpets. It works by breaking down any residue left behind by liquids.
- Simply spray WD-40 onto the stain and let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Then wipe away with a clean cloth or paper towel. This will remove any remaining residue from your carpet.
Hydrogen peroxide is a mild bleach that works well at removing protein stains from fabrics such as carpeting.
- Blot up as much of the smoothie as possible with a sponge or paper towel.
- Pour the hydrogen peroxide directly onto the stain and let it sit for 30 minutes before blotting up the excess fluid with paper towels.
- Repeat this process until all the liquid has been absorbed into the carpet fibers, then vacuum away any remaining residue.
Rubbing alcohol will neutralize the acid in your smoothie stain, allowing you to blot up most of it without having to scrub too hard on your carpet’s fibers.
- Pour rubbing alcohol directly onto your stain and let it soak for 15 minutes before blotting up any excess fluid with paper towels or an absorbent cloth.
- Repeat this process until no more liquid transfers to the paper towel when you apply pressure to it over your stain.
- If any residue remains after blotting, sprinkle baking soda over the area and allow it to sit for minutes before vacuuming away any loose material in the morning.
Oxiclean Stain Remover
Oxiclean stain remover is another type of cleaning product that can be used to remove stains from clothes and carpets. This product works by mixing oxygen with water to create hydrogen peroxide, which lifts stains away from fabrics and carpets. Oxiclean stain remover can be used on its own or in combination with other cleaners such as rubbing alcohol or vinegar for maximum effectiveness.
- Simply pour some Oxiclean onto your smoothie stain and scrub with a brush or sponge until the stain disappears.
- Then blot up as much moisture as possible with paper towels before letting your carpet dry completely on its own.
So the next time you spill smoothie on your favorite rug, keep in mind that it’s not quite as impossible to clean as you might have thought. There are plenty of ways to get smoothie out of the carpet.