Last Updated on 9 months by Susan Mayrich
Those who want to know how to thread a Brother sewing machine will be pleased that it’s a relatively simple procedure. To help you understand it better, we created a bullet-type guide that you can follow. It is based on Brother’s instructions as well.
We also recommend exploring our blogs for anything sewing machine-related. For example, try this tutorial on how to thread a Singer sewing machine.
How To Thread A Brother Sewing Machine Quickly
- Make sure that you’ve turned off the Brother sewing machine by locating the switch
- Raise the foot lever, then turn the handwheel to raise the needle at the highest level
- Place a spool of thread on the spool pin
- Hold the thread with one hand and pass it through the thread guide’s spring
- Feed the upper thread so that it goes through the take-up lever from right to left
- Have the thread behind the thread guide and then through the needle eye from front to back
- Pass the thread through the presser foot until you have more than two inches of thread toward the back of the Brother sewing machine
- If you’re still confused with these instructions, you can visit Brother’s website to find the manual for your specific sewing machine model
How To Thread A Brother LS 2125 Sewing Machine
- Make sure to turn off the Brother sewing machine
- Raise the foot lever and turn the handwheel to raise the needle to the highest position
- Put the spool of thread on its pin and pass the thread through the thread guide
- Have the thread down the right groove at the front of the LS 2125
- Guide the thread through the tension disc
- Pull the thread on both sides of the disc before pulling it up to the left and down until you reach the take-up lever
- Thread the needle from front to back until you have around two inches of thread
How to pass the thread through the hook on the Brother sewing machine?
Use both of your hands to hold the thread and pass it through the needle bar thread guide comfortably.
How to thread the lower bobbin on the Brother sewing machine?
- Turn off the Brother LS 2125 and turn the handwheel counterclockwise to raise the needle
- Raise the presser foot lever
- Locate the shuttle cover and open it
- Remove the empty bobbin case
- Unwind four inches of thread from a full bobbin to insert in the case
- Pull the thread into the designated slot down and left to go through the eye under the tension spring
- Insert the bobbin case into the shuttle race securely
How To Thread A Brother XL 5130 Sewing Machine
- Make sure the XL 5130 is turned off, then raise the foot lever
- Raise the needle to the highest position by turning the handwheel
- Place the spool of thread on the spool pin and pass it through the guide until you reach the groove at the right front of the sewing machine
- Locate the tension disc or the area behind the tension dial from right to left and pass the thread through it
- Pull both sides of the thread and guide it upward to reach the left groove and behind the take-up lever
- Guide the thread back and left to finish threading the take-up lever and threading the channel up and left
- Thread the needle starting at the front to the back until you have two inches of thread
How to place a spool of thread on a spool pin (horizontal spool pin) on the Brother sewing machine?
- Check if the spool cap is the right size for the thread
- Secure the spool in the pin using the slit
- The thread will only be pulled out smoothly if there is space around the cap and tip of the pin
How do I use the needle threader on the Brother sewing machine? (Available on selected models like the Brother XL 5130)
- Locate the marking on the handwheel and make the necessary turns so that it will be at the top
- Lower the presser foot lever and simultaneously pull the thread when lowering the needle threader lever
- Pass the thread through the guide; then the left until you can hook the thread onto the guide
- Pull the thread from the front and then pull the threader lever downward before turning it away from you
- Check if the hook is also through the needle eye to grab the thread successfully
- Turn the threader lever towards you as you hold the thread so that the hook can pull it through the needle
- Raise the threader lever and pull the resulting thread loop through the needle eye
- Have the end of the thread through the presser foot
- Pull about two inches of thread towards the back of the Brother XL 5130 sewing machine
And that’s it! To recap how to thread a Brother sewing machine, you’ll only start by checking if it’s turned off and then raising the foot lever and needle. From there, you’ll only need to place the thread spool on the spool pin, and guiding the thread will be self-explanatory.
You can also browse Brother’s website to find the manual for your specific model. We hope this was a helpful tutorial, and feel free to read how a sewing machine works to understand the mechanism better.