By following these instructions for a Brother sewing machine you will be able to thread a brother xm2701 sewing machine the best way
1) Feed the thread spool onto the top of the sewing machine and use your palm to turn it until it drops in all the way.
2) Locate the needle clamp screw and loosen it. You will then be able to manipulate the position of the needle. Tighten the screw back into place when you’re done.
3) Here comes some vertical stitching! Hold your fabric between your left thumb and first two fingers, lining up where you want to start stitching with the edge of your presser foot.
4) Keep your hands close together and make sure that you pull only one side of the fabric at a time when sewing- if you pull both sides at once, the fabric will get caught up in your machine. Sew horizontally at first and make sure that you pull the stitches tight so that they’re nice and straight.
5) Once you can see a few vertical stitches, fold your chosen fabric onto itself and start stitching across. You are now doing cross-stitch! Keep pulling tightly each time you make a stitch to get that nice, straight line.
Related Article: Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine Review
6) When you’re done with your first row of stitches, pull out the top layer and sew another horizontal row below it about two threads away from where you started on the previous row. Then continue stitching vertically again. This little technique is called “doubling back”. It ensures that your cross-stitched designs are completely enclosed and makes the process of taking out stitches a lot easier.
7) Once you’ve filled in all the way to your starting point, turn around and start going back down again without doubling back this time. You will finish up with vertical stitches on one side and horizontal ones on the other.
8) Come up from the backside of your first row and make a few stitches over it to create a hanging loop.
9) Do not cut off the remaining thread! Instead, tie it to the end of the new thread and continue stitching more rows on top of your pattern with the new color. Make sure you’re sewing in two different directions for each row- this will help prevent your cross stitches from getting messy.
10) Once you’ve filled up the desired shape, go back and gently pull out all of the unused thread. The pretty cross stitch design underneath will be left unharmed! That’s it! Now you can hang it up on your wall or give it to a friend as a thoughtful handmade gift.
Is brother XM2701 good for beginners?
Brother XM2701 is a good sewing machine for beginners. It is a semi-automatic machine with 26 built-in stitches and 4 buttonholes.
Brother XM2701 comes packed with basic features you need for sewing, like automatic needle threading, reverse stitching, adjustable stitch length and width settings, a free arm for cuffs and collars, a drop feed facility to access tight spaces as well as an easy to understand user’s manual.
The machine comes in a shiny silver finish and the surface of the machine feels smooth to touch.
Does Brother XM2701 have a needle threader?
Brother XM2701 has a built-in needle threader.